Pricey Manzanaroja psychologist,
My title is Valentina and I’m 27 years outdated. my life has modified fully for a few yr. There have been a collection of occasions which have fully modified my life-style.
Throughout this yr I managed to lose about 10 kg, I weighed 77/78 kg and now I reached 67/66 kg. I haven’t adopted a specific eating regimen, however my habits have modified and I believe stress has had a giant affect. In this time period, I got here again house (I used to be learning in one other metropolis), I completed college, I began working, I broke up after 5 years of engagement, I handed the ultimate examination, I got here out of a interval of melancholy, I discover myself alone as a result of my pals are far-off and I’ve critical issues at house. Let’s say there was a collection of optimistic and adverse occasions which have destabilized me fully.
Proper now I’m making an attempt to fix the items of my life, however I’m going through many difficulties. Generally, in moments of disappointment, I take refuge in mealsI eat a lot that I really feel like I’m going to blow up. For some unusual motive, the load continues to be 67/66 kg, however I notice that these Binge (which happen primarily within the afternoon and at evening, or when I’m at house) are under no circumstances optimistic for my physique. Throughout meals I eat often and healthily, however when I’ve anxiousness assaults, can’t sleep at evening and have very low spirits, I open the fridge and I devour something that I discover in entrance of me. Might you kindly give me some recommendation? How can I keep away from these binges?
I’m afraid of gaining weight, however on the identical time I can’t cease these starvation pangs.
I thanks immensely.
Pricey Valentina, wow, what number of adjustments within the final yr! It’s comprehensible that you simply Physique and your psyche have had and proceed to attempt to restructure itself to search out a brand new stability. Sadly, nevertheless, the Binge or these counterproductive, repetitive and uncontrolled behaviors apparently directed on the emotional regulation They solely make your anguish worse inflicting guilt and disgrace and establishing a harmful vicious circle.
You can begin to deal with issues in a different way conditions through which you’re feeling the danger of binge consuming, utilizing these devices:
RECOGNIZE THE SITUATIONS THAT INVOLVE A GREATER RISK FOR YOU AND FIND ACTIVITIES THAT DISTRACT YOU
There are some conditions in which you will be particularly prone to overeating, and studying to acknowledge them will be very useful.
Let’s see what they’re:
– Conditions through which you expertise adverse feelings: Anger, anxiousness, loneliness, a robust argument, can typically trigger you to eat an excessive amount of.
– Conditions through which you expertise optimistic feelings: you may end up in a state of affairs the place «you have fun” with mealsexcellent news, trip or a joyful assembly.
– touching moments: a pleasing night with lifelong pals, the place there are meals affords and the mere truth of seeing them makes you give in, even if you’re not hungry.
– irresistible want for meals: Because of the eating regimen rigidity you’ll be able to extra simply fall into temptation. higher one stability eating regimenwith at the very least 5 meals a day, than a really strict eating regimen, which can’t be carried with out being consistently hungry.
– Counterproductive Ideas: Ideas like “after I’m confused, I completely should eat one thing” or the like result in dropping management and overeating.
If you find yourself in any of those conditions you could find various actions that will help you divert consideration from meals to one thing else.
Do you need to understand how?
You need to put together:
– a to do record (for instance, name a buddy, learn a ebook, take a bathe, go for a stroll…)
– a record of issues to consider (for instance, it is going to quickly go, I can do it, starvation will not be an emergency…)
ALWAYS CARRY THIS LIST WITH YOU AND USE IT WHENEVER YOU NEED IT!
Do not forget that an alternate exercise will probably be efficient if:
- makes you go the time
- probably it’s good
- Makes entry to meals troublesome
Now you may have a collection of helpful data to higher handle your relationship with meals.
I invite you to attempt to put into observe the three indications that I’ve simply advised.
Nonetheless, if after a when you notice that you simply can’t get out of this drawback, Valentina, I invite you to contact a psychotherapist that will help you work, to start with, on shallowness and on all features that hinder your temper and your weight reduction.
Good luck darling!
Floriana Ventura, psychologist from Manzanaroja